Run 118/47- Reports now available at www.ukneqasiccish.org
- Slides Dispatch Dates- 14-18th August 2017
- Closing Date for return of slides- 15th September 2017
- Slides post-marked after this date may not be assessed. Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme.
- If you do not receive the slides by 25th August (within UK), or 1st September (overseas), contact the office as soon as possible at email@example.com or Tel: +44 2074157065.
- Address label templates can be downloaded at: http://www.ukneqasiccish.org/downloads/
- Module specific Instruction datasheets can be accessed from ‘Instructions’ (top right hand corner) on the www.ukneqasiccish.org webserver Participant Login area. Where required a template example is also provided on the orientation of the samples for when interpretative scores are also required.
- Request for extra slides: Latest 8th September 2017. You must state your reason for requiring extra slides when requesting these.
Important Information for the Distributed EQA Slides
- The scheme now uses TOMO slides for several modules. These slides are to be treated in exactly the same way as the CellPath HistoBond+ slides previously used by many of the scheme modules.
- TOMO slides do not have the red line to indicate the separation between the NEQAS and the In-house control areas, the NEQAS sections will still be positioned in the same area of the slide to allow you to cut and place your in-house sections on the lower part of the NEQAS slide as shown in the examples below.
- After placing your control tissue in the correct area allow to drain thoroughly to ensure no droplets of water remain under the tissue sections. Then bake the slide (ideally in a temperature controlled oven) at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour, and follow with your usual staining procedure.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the slides are stained immediately after arrival in your laboratory or stored in a fridge until staining takes place, to ensure the best results.
- Separate in-house controls are still required for the Cytology Module and therefore all slides except the Cytology module will arrive unbaked.
Module Specific Announcements
- Breast HER2 ISH: You are now required to take an image of your stained CISH and FISH slides for record. At the present time you do not have to send your images to the scheme unless requested to, following the technical part of the ISH assessment.
- Provide a single example of an in-house control. Ideally cut and place your sample onto the same slide as the UK NEQAS distributed sample. However, a separate in-house slide will be accepted if it is necessary for you to use one to adjust pre-treatment/digestion to suite the tissue.
- You can provide your interpretive counts from both NEQAS slides. Remember to indicate which cores were used to carry out the analysis when you enter your methodology data, to allow the team to review the correct core when carrying out the technical part of the assessment.
- Remember to use an anti-fade mountant and to seal around the coverslip.
- Breast Hormone Receptor: Antibody Requested = PR
- Cytology: In-house controls should still be sent as separate slides. If you wish to change your sample (cytospin or cell block) then please contact the scheme.
- Secondary Antibodies Run 119:
|Lymphoma N||Neuropath J||Cytology T||GIST Vb||HNPCC|
MSH2 & MSH6
Other Important Notices
- Ensure your participant code is indicated on all slides and the slide boxes and return slides in the correct boxes colour coded according to module.
- Antibody not stocked: If you do not stock a requested antibody you are required to contact the scheme for an alternative. A non-submission of slides because you do not use a marker, without indicating or contacting UK NEQAS ICC & ISH, will result in a score of zero (0) and a fail. This will then be included when running poor performance reports (UK clinical only).
Please e-mail the scheme for the alternative antibody that you require: firstname.lastname@example.org Do not use an alternative marker unless you have been given one by the scheme.
- Return of previous run slides: Please DO NOT send your previous run slides back to the UK NEQAS IHC & ISH office unless you are requiring a reassessment. However, you will be required to retain your previous NEQAS slides by your accrediting body or for any reason should UK NEQAS require them.