1. You have been provided with two duplicate slides labelled ‘ALK FISH Pilot’ comprising of 4 (A-D) formalin fixed, paraffin processed samples of tissue and cell lines of known ALK FISH status AND/OR two duplicate slides labelled ‘ROS1 FISH Pilot’ comprising of 5 (A-E) formalin fixed, paraffin processed samples of tissue and cell lines of known ROS1 FISH status.
2. Demonstrate ALK FISH and/or ROS1 FISH on one of the slides provided respectively (a duplicate spare slide is provided) using your routine diagnostic method and reagents. N.B. it is crucial that you only use the ALK FISH labelled slide for ALK FISH, and only use the ROS1 FISH labelled slide for ROS1 FISH.
3. In-house controls on NEQAS slides:
a. Cut your in-house control alongside the NEQAS samples then bake the slide (see diagrams below) and then then carry out your usual FISH procedure and send back your slide(s) for assessment
b. Bake the slide AFTER you have cut your in-house control onto the same slide. Make sure prior to staining that the slide is drained well, and then bake the slide at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour.
4. After processing, evaluate the FISH using your usual scoring system and place your result(s) in the appropriate fields in the web entry system below.
5. It is essential that you also provide the methodology used to process the slide.
6. PLEASE RETURN ONLY YOUR BEST SLIDE(S).
Please fill in the form below. If you have any queries contact Suzanne ParryScheme Manager: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org