Dear UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Participant,
- Run 110 / Run 39 reports are available to download.
- Run 111 ICC / Run 40 ISH slides will be despatched between the 3rd – 7th August 2015.
Click on ‘Participant login’ to retrieve reports and instructions for the new assessment
Closing Date for RUN 111 (ICC) / 40 (ISH): 4th September 2015*
*Slides post-marked after this date may not be assessed. Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme.
- Confirm receipt of your slides via: www.ukneqasiccish.org/confirm-receipt/
- Allow at least 1 week (2 weeks for overseas labs) after the last despatch date for your slides to arrive. If you do not receive your slides, please contact email@example.com or Tel: +44 2075548679.
Important Changes to the Distributed EQA Slides
Distributed EQA slides now consist of ‘same slide NEQAS + in-house’ control slides. Please cut your appropriate in-house control material alongside the NEQAS slide.
- Separate in-house controls are still required for the Cytology Module
- All slides except the Cytology module will arrive unbaked
- Please cut your in-house controls onto the NEQAS slide below the red line and then bake the slide. Recommended baking times are either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour, and then carry out your usual staining procedure.
- Remove your auto generated ‘machine labels /or hand written labels ’ from the slides before returning, as slides are barcoded and will need to be scanned once returned.
Module Specific Announcements
See also module specific instruction sheets which are available by clicking ‘instructions’ in the participant login area
- ALK IHC for NSCLC: Reports are now available in participants’ login area: ukneqasiccish.org. Instructions and methodology data entry are available by clicking on ‘Ex.URL’ link once logged into the web data entry system.
- Breast Hormone Receptor: Antibody Requested = Oestrogen receptor (ER)
- Breast HER2 ISH: Cut and place in-house control onto the distributed NEQAS slide. See online module instruction sheet.
- Cytology: In-house controls should still be sent as a separate slide. We are not using the Patient/Control slides for this module. If you wish to change your sample (cytospin or cell block) then please contact the scheme.
- Secondary Antibodies Run 111:
- Gen C: CD56 ; Lymphoma N: BCl6 ; Neuropath J: GFAP
- Cytology T: CD3 ; GIST Vb: CD34 ; HNPCC: MSH2 & MSH6
- Forgotten Your Login Details?: Please use the ‘Email Reminder’ link on www.ukneqasicc.org to retrieve your details. UK NEQAS ICC & ISH will not give out logon details to any laboratory personnel not registered on the scheme’s database.
- Labelling Of Slides and Requests For Extra Slides
- Remove your machine generated/manually written labels from the EQA slides
- Make sure separate in-house slides are clearly labelled with your lab and run number
- Return slides in the correct , colour coded, pre-labelled boxes, sealed and labelled for each module.
- The last date for requesting extra slides is 7 days prior to the closing date
- A valid reason for requesting extra slides is required. Extra attempts are not permitted.
- Between assessments we are happy to provide extra sections for trouble shooting or validation.
- Completion of Online Data Sheets is Mandatory
- We assess not only your slides but require your methods/protocols to give the best feedback possible. Remember you must enter data for both antibodies before pressing Complete; prior to this use the Save button until both sets of data have been entered.
- Web Data Entry
- Slide Instructions are available in the Methods/Protocols Section
- ‘Help’ files are available online once you log into your web data entry e.g.:
- Are only accepted for the latest assessed slides
- Prior to requesting a reassessment/Appeal, participants you are expected to have received your slides back and looked at these along with your report and the images on the website
- Download a re-assessment form from: https://www.ukneqasiccish.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/NEQ-MF171.pdf
- Only enter the details for the slides you wish to be reassessed; if you are sending in slides for comparison only; e.g. in-house controls please mention this in the section at the bottom of the reassessment form.
- Please do not use any previous versions of these forms, or you may be asked to resubmit.
- Diagnostic testing (UK labs only)
- If your laboratory is NOT currently diagnostically testing for any of the UK NEQAS ICC & ISH modules, then please inform us immediately, otherwise this can impact on your poor performance status.
- Antibody Repertoire Survey 2015
- The user survey is now ready.
- Non submissions – reasons entered in the online data
- If you are not participating for a particular module or run please ensure you select the correct reason from the drop down menu in the data entry; e.g. antibody not stocked, outsourcing, withdrawn, even if you have contacted the scheme or a member of the UK NEQAS ICC & ISH team, or returned an online survey etc.