Dear UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Participant,
- Run 111 / Run 40 reports are available to download.
- Run 112 ICC / Run 41 ISH slides will be despatched between the 26th – 30th October 2015.
Click on ‘Participant login’ to retrieve reports and instructions for the new assessment
Closing Date for RUN 112 (ICC) / 41 (ISH): 27th November 2015*
*Slides post-marked after this date may not be assessed. Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme.
- Confirm receipt of your slides via: www.ukneqasiccish.org/confirm-receipt/
- Allow at least 1 week (2 weeks for overseas labs) after the last despatch date for your slides to arrive. If you do not receive your slides, please contact email@example.com or Tel: +44 2075548679.
Important Changes to the Distributed EQA Slides
Distributed EQA slides now consist of ‘same slide NEQAS + in-house’ control slides. Please cut your appropriate in-house control material alongside the NEQAS slide.
- Separate in-house controls are still required for the Cytology Module
- All slides except the Cytology module will arrive unbaked
- Please cut your in-house controls onto the NEQAS slide below the red line, drain thoroughly,
- Then bake the slide. Recommended baking times are either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour, and then carry out your usual staining procedure.
Module Specific Announcements
See also module specific instruction sheets which are available by clicking ‘instructions’ in the participant login area
- Breast HER2 ISH: Cut and place a single ‘example’ from a clinical case or control onto the distributed NEQAS slide. See online module instruction sheet. A composite control is NOT required.
- ALK IHC for NSCLC: Reports are now available in participants’ login area: www.ukneqasiccish.org. Instructions and methodology data entry are available by clicking on ‘Ex.URL’ link once logged into the web data entry system.
- Breast Hormone Receptor: Antibody Requested = Progesterone receptor (PR). If PR is not on your repertoire than ER should be carried out
- Cytology: The Gold for this run is S100 only, do not submit Melan A or HMB45 or these will be returned.
In-house controls should still be sent as a separate slide. We are not using the Patient/Control slides for this module. If you wish to change your sample (cytospin or cell block) then please contact the scheme.
- Secondary Antibodies Run 112:
Gen C: Ber-EP4; Lymphoma N: CD30 ; Neuropath J: cytokeratin;
Cytology T: CK5/6; GIST Vb: DOG-1; HNPCC: MLH1 & PMS2
- Antibody not stocked?: Please e-mail for the alternative antibody that you require: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forgotten Your Login Details?: Please use the ‘Email Reminder’ link on www.ukneqasicc.org to retrieve your details. UK NEQAS ICC & ISH will not give out logon details to any laboratory personnel not registered on the scheme’s database.
- Labelling Of Slides and Requests For Extra Slides
- Remove your machine generated/manually written labels from the EQA slides
- Make sure separate in-house slides are clearly labelled with your lab and run number
- Return slides in the correct , colour coded, pre-labelled boxes, sealed and labelled for each module.
- The last date for requesting extra slides is 7 days prior to the closing date
- A valid reason for requesting extra slides is required. Extra attempts are not permitted.
- Between assessments we are happy to provide extra sections for trouble shooting or validation.
- Completion of Online Data Sheets is Mandatory
- We assess not only your slides but require your methods/protocols to give the best feedback possible. Remember you must enter data for both antibodies before pressing Complete; prior to this use the Save button until both sets of data have been entered.
- Web Data Entry
- Slide Instructions are available in the Methods/Protocols Section
- ‘Help’ files are available online once you log into your web data entry e.g.:
- Are only accepted for the latest assessed slides
- Prior to requesting a Reassessment/Appeal, participants you are expected to have received your slides back and looked at these along with your report and the images on the website
- Download a re-assessment form from: https://www.ukneqasiccish.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/NEQ-MF171.pdf
- Only enter the details for the slides you wish to be reassessed; if you are sending in slides for comparison only; e.g. in-house controls please mention this in the section at the bottom of the reassessment form.
- Please do not use any previous versions of these forms, or you may be asked to resubmit.
- Diagnostic testing (UK labs only)
- If your laboratory is NOT currently diagnostically testing for any of the UK NEQAS ICC & ISH modules, then please inform us immediately, otherwise this can impact on your poor performance status
- Non submissions – reasons entered in the online data
- If you are not participating for a particular module or run please ensure you select the correct reason from the drop down menu in the data entry; e.g. antibody not stocked, outsourcing, withdrawn, even if you have contacted the scheme or a member of the UK NEQAS ICC & ISH team, or returned an online survey etc.