Dear UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Participant,
- Run 114 / Run 43 reports are available to download.
- Run 115 ICC / Run 44 ISH slides will be despatched from between the 1st – 5th August 2016.
Go to www.ukneqasiccish.org and click on ‘Participant Login’ from the main menu to retrieve reports and instructions for the new assessment
Closing Date for RUN 115 (ICC) / 44 (ISH): 2nd September 2016*
*Slides post-marked after this date may not be assessed. Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme.
- Confirm receipt of your slides via: www.ukneqasiccish.org/confirm-receipt/
- Allow at least 1 week (2 weeks for overseas labs) after the last despatch date for your slides to arrive. If you do not receive your slides, please contact email@example.com or Tel: +44 2074157065.
Important Changes to the Distributed EQA Slides
- Please cut your appropriate in-house control material alongside the NEQAS slide (below the Red line)
- Separate in-house controls are still required for the Cytology Module
- All slides except the Cytology module will arrive unbaked
- Once you have cut your in-house controls:
- Allow the slide to drain thoroughly (30 – 60 mins) to ensure that no water droplets remain under the sections
- Bake the slide (ideally in a temperature controlled oven) at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour, and then carry out your usual staining procedure.
Module Specific Announcements
UK NEQAS ICC & ISH is pleased to inform you that following a visit by UKAS in February, we are now accredited to ISO: 17043
See also module specific instruction sheets which are available by clicking ‘instructions’ in the participant login area
- Breast HER2 ISH: Cut and place a single ‘example’ from a clinical case or control onto the distributed NEQAS slide. See online module instruction sheet. A composite control is NOT required.
- ALK IHC for NSCLC module: The data entry / reporting system has now been setup for this module and data can be used in the same manner as with the other modules
- Breast Hormone Receptor: Antibody Requested = Oestrogen receptor (ER).
- Cytology: In-house controls should still be sent as a separate slide. We are not using the Patient/Control slides for this module. If you wish to change your sample (cytospin or cell block) then please contact the scheme.
- Secondary Antibodies Run 115: Gen C: Melan A or HMB45 ; Lymphoma N: Tdt; Neuropath J: ACTH; Cytology T: Ki67; GIST Vb: CD34; HNPCC: MSH2 & MSH6
- Breast Her2 IHC: For Run 115 the scheme has introduced xenographs and human breast tumour samples of varying Her2 expression levels. These will be scored from left to right as illustrated in the template below:
- Antibody Not Stocked? Please email or contact the scheme for an alternative: firstname.lastname@example.org Do not use an alternative marker unless you have been given one by the scheme.
The registrations for the Participant Meeting have now closed. If you wish to be put on a reserve list then please contact me (email@example.com).
If you would like to discuss any other aspects of the meeting (payments/fees) then do not hesitate to get in touch.
Important Announcement from the UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Team:
We are sorry to announce that our scheme Manager, Merdol Ibrahim, is leaving us at the end of August. Merdol has been with the scheme for 12 years, and in that time he has managed and grown the scheme very ably.
We wish Merdol every success in his future career.
Keith Miller. UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Scheme Director, on behalf of the whole team.