Dear UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Participant,
Run 115 / Run 44 reports are now available to download from www.ukneqasiccish.org – Participant Login
- Run 116 IHC / Run 45 ISH slides will be despatched from between the 24th – 28th October 2016.
- Closing Date for RUN 116 (IHC) / 45 (ISH): 25th November 2016.
Slides post-marked after this date may not be assessed.
At present we have suspended the receipting of slides procedure, we will update you in the future if and when this changes.
- Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme
- To retrieve instructions for the new assessment go to www.ukneqasiccish.org –Participant Login
- Allow at least 1 week (2 weeks for overseas labs) after the last despatch date for your slides to arrive. If you do not receive your slides, please contact email@example.com or Tel: +44 2074157065.
- Address label templates can be downloaded at: https://www.ukneqasiccish.org/downloads/ Please either use the new labels or remove Dr Merdol Ibrahim when returning your packages
Important Information for the Distributed EQA Slides
- Please cut your in-house controls onto the NEQAS slide below the red line as shown in the example image. Allow to drain thoroughly to ensure no droplets of water remain under the tissue sections. Then bake the slide (ideally in a temperature controlled oven) at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour, and then carry out your usual staining procedure.
- The slides should be processed as soon as they arrive or kept in the fridge until staining can be carried out.
- Separate in-house controls are still required for the Cytology Module and therefore all slides except the Cytology module will arrive unbaked
Module Specific Announcements
See also module specific instruction sheets which are available by clicking ‘instructions’ in the participant login area
- Breast HER2 ISH: Cut and place a single ‘example’ from a clinical case or control onto the distributed NEQAS slides. See online module instruction sheet. A composite control is NOT required. Please remember to use an anti-fade mountant and to seal around the coverslip.
- Breast Hormone Receptor: Antibody Requested = Oestrogen receptor (ER)
- Cytology: In-house controls should still be sent as a separate slide. We are not using the Patient/Control slides for this module. If you wish to change your sample (cytospin or cell block) then please contact the scheme.
- Secondary Antibodies Run 116:
|Lymph N||Neuropath J||Cytology T||GIST Vb||HNPCC*|
MLH1 & PMS2*
*Lynch syndrome sections are on TOMO slides. Please place your in-house section below the NEQAS section then stain as before.
Other Important Notices
- Please ensure that your participant code is indicated on all slides and the slide boxes. The slides should be returned in the correct slide transport boxes that are colour coded according to module.
- Request for extra slides: Extra slides will be available up to one week prior to the closing date; i.e. by 18th November. You must state your reason for requiring extra slides when requesting these.
- Antibody not stocked: Please e-mail the scheme for the alternative antibody that you require: firstname.lastname@example.org If you do not stock a requested antibody you are required to contact the scheme for an alternative. A non-submission of slides because you do not use a marker, without indicating or contacting UK NEQAS ICC & ISH, will result in a score of zero (0) and a fail. This will then be included when running poor performance reports (UK clinical only). Do not use an alternative marker unless you have been given one by the scheme.
- Return of previous run slides: You are no longer required to send your previous run slides back to the UK NEQAS IHC & ISH office unless you are requiring a reassessment. However, you may be required to retain your previous NEQAS slides in-house by your accrediting body.