Dear UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Participant,
Run 116 / Run 45 reports are now available to download from www.ukneqasiccish.org – Participant Login
- Run 117 IHC / Run 46 ISH slides will be despatched from between the 6th – 10th February 2017.
- Closing Date for RUN 117 (IHC) / 46 (ISH): 10th March 2017.
Slides post-marked after this date may not be assessed. Late receipts are logged by the scheme.
At present we have suspended the receipting of slides procedure, we will update you in the future if and when this changes.
- To retrieve instructions for the new assessment go to www.ukneqasiccish.org –Participant Login
- Allow at least 1 week (2 weeks for overseas labs) after the last despatch date for your slides to arrive. If you do not receive your slides, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +44 2074157065.
- Address label templates can be downloaded at: https://www.ukneqasiccish.org/downloads/ Please either use the new labels or remove Dr Merdol Ibrahim when returning your packages.
Important Points To Highlight
- Please ensure that you read the module specific instruction data sheets found on the webserver entry form. These instructions also provide you with information relating to the UK NEQAS material and a template for when interpretative scores are required.
- It is important that you stain the NEQAS distributed slides soon on arrival to your laboratory, similarly to the way you would normally treat a referral case. If you cannot stain the slides straight away, please store in the fridge and stain soon after to avoid loss of antigenicity in the supplied sections.
- The scheme continues to use the ‘same slide NEQAS + In-house’ control slides for all modules apart from the cytology. Therefore all slides except for the cytology module will arrive unbaked.
- Please cut your in-house controls onto the NEQAS slide below the red line and allow to drain thoroughly to ensure no droplets of water remain under the tissue sections before baking the sections.
- UK NEQAS ICC & ISH recommends baking the slides at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour (ideally in a temperature controlled oven) then carry out your usual staining procedure
Module Specific Announcements
See also module specific instruction sheets which are available by clicking ‘instructions’ in the participant login area
- Breast HER2 ISH: The scheme now requires that you take an image of your stained CISH and FISH slides for record. At the present time you are not requested to send your images to the scheme unless requested following the technical part of the ISH assessment. The breast HER2 ISH module still requires you to provide an in-house control, which should be a a single ‘example’ from a clinical case or control. Please cut and place your sample onto the same slide as the UK NEQAS distributed sample. See online module instruction sheet. A composite control is NOT required.
- Breast Hormone Receptor: The antibody requested for this assessment Run 117 is Oestrogen receptor (ER). Please note: The UK NEQAS distributed material comprises of breast carcinoma samples of known varying ER expression levels. Depending on the serial section received, the chosen ER negative breast tumour sample shows a low percentage of positive nuclear staining.
- Cytology: If you wish to change your sample (cytospin or cell block) then please contact the scheme.
- Second antigens Run 117:
|Lymph N||Neuropath J||Cytology T||GIST Vb||HNPCC Yb|
MSH2 & MSH6
Other Important Notices
- Request for extra slides: Extra slides will be available up to one week prior to the closing date; i.e. by 3rd March. You must state your reason for requiring extra slides when requesting these.
- Antibody not stocked?: Please e-mail the scheme for the alternative antibody that you require: mailto:email@example.com
- Do not use an alternative marker unless you have been given one by the scheme.
- N.B. If you do not stock a requested antibody you are required to contact the scheme for an alternative. A non-submission of slides because you do not use a marker, without indicating or contacting UK NEQAS ICC & ISH that you do not stock the requested antibody, may result in a score of zero (0) and a fail, and count towards Poor Perfromance(s).