Dear UK NEQAS ICC & ISH Participant,
- Run 119/Run 48 reports are now available to download from www.ukneqasiccish.org webserver Participant Login
- For the PD-L1 pilot module see below*
- Run 120 IHC / Run 49 ISH slides will be despatched between the 6th – 10th November 2017. The Closing Date for RUN 120 (IHC) / 49 (ISH) is the 8th December 2017. Slides post-marked after this date may not be assessed. Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme.
- Please ensure that you read the module specific instruction datasheets which are available by clicking ‘instructions’ (top right hand corner) on the www.ukneqasiccish.org webserver Participant Login area. The instructions also provide you with information relating to the UK NEQAS material, including the pathology, and fixation. Where required a template example is also provided on the orientation of the samples for when interpretative scores are also required.
- Allow at least 1 week (2 weeks for overseas labs) after the last despatch date for your slides to arrive. If you do not receive your slides, please contact the office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +44 2074157065.
- Address label templates can be downloaded at: https://www.ukneqasiccish.org/downloads/
Important Information for the Distributed EQA Slides
- The scheme now continues to use TOMO slides for all modules, except Cytology, which uses Leica X-Tra slides.
- NEQAS sections will be positioned in the upper area of the slide to allow you to cut and place your in-house sections on the lower part of the NEQAS slide as shown in the example below. (Please note the example below is for illustration of the positioning of sections, and not all NEQAS slides will consist of 3 cores as shown. Please refer to the individual module datasheets for instructions on the expected NEQAS material.
- Once your in-house controls have been cut onto the NEQAS slide, allow to drain thoroughly to ensure no droplets of water remain under the tissue sections. Then bake the slide (ideally in a temperature controlled oven) at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour, and then carry out your usual staining procedure.
- It is important that you stain the UK NEQAS distributed slides soon on arrival to your laboratory, similarly to the way you would normally treat a referral case. If you cannot stain the slides straight away, please store in the fridge and stain soon after to avoid loss of antigenicity in the supplied sections.
- Separate in-house controls are still required for the Cytology Module for the cytospin samples. If you wish to add your in-house control to the bottom area of the cell block slides you can do so.
- All slides except the Cytology module will arrive unbaked.
Module Specific Announcements
- Breast HER2 ISH: The scheme now requires that you take an image of your stained CISH and FISH slides for record. At the present time you are not requested to send your images to the scheme unless requested to following the technical part of the ISH assessment.
- It is acceptable to provide your interpretive counts from both NEQAS slides. Please indicate when you enter your methodology data which cores were used to carry out the analysis, so that the team knows which sections to review when carrying out the technical part of the assessment. Please also remember to use an anti-fade mountant and to seal around the coverslip.
- Breast Hormone Receptor: Antibody Requested = ER
- Secondary Antibodies Run 120:
|General C||Lymph N||Neuropath J||Cytology T||GIST Vb||HNPCC|
|CD56||PAX-5||CD34||Pan CK||DOG-1||MLH1 & PMS2|
Other Important Notices
- Please ensure that your Participant Code is indicated on all slides and the slide boxes. The slides should be returned in the correct slide transport boxes that are colour coded according to the module.
- Request for extra slides: Extra slides will be available up to one week prior to the closing date; i.e. by 1st December 2017. You must state your reason for requiring extra slides when requesting these.
- Antibody not stocked: If you do not stock a requested antibody you are required to contact the scheme for an alternative. A non-submission of slides because you do not use a marker, without indicating or contacting UK NEQAS ICC & ISH, will result in a score of zero (0) and a fail. This will then be included when running poor performance reports (UK clinical only).
- Do not use an alternative marker unless you have been given one by the scheme.
- Please e-mail the scheme for the alternative antibody that you require: email@example.com
- Return of previous run slides: Please DO NOT send your previous run slides back to the UK NEQAS IHC & ISH office unless you are requiring a reassessment. However, please note that you will be required to retain your previous NEQAS slides by your accrediting body or for any reason should UK NEQAS require them.
- *PD-L1: Run 119 assessments for PD-L1 will be taking place in November and reports will be issued separately.