Run 121 IHC / Run 50 ISH
Reports are now available at www.ukneqasiccish.org webserver Participant Login
Run 122 IHC / Run 51 ISH
- Slides despatch dates- 8th – 11th May 2018.
- Closing date for return of slides- 8th June 2018.
- Slides post-marked after this date may not be assessed. Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme.
- If you do not receive the slides by 18th May (within UK) or 25th May (overseas), contact the office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: +44 2074157065
- Address label templates can be downloaded at: www.ukneqasiccish.org/downloads/
- Module specific instruction datasheets can be accessed from ‘Instructions’ (top right hand corner) on the www.ukneqasiccish.org webserver participant login area. The instructions also provide you with information relating to the UK NEQAS material, including the pathology and fixation. Where required, a template example is also provided on the orientation of the UK NEQAS samples for when interpretive scores are also required
Important Information for the Distributed EQA Slides
- UK NEQAS sections will be positioned in the upper area of the slide to allow you to cut and place your in-house sections on the lower part of the NEQAS slide as shown in the example below. (Please note, example below is for illustration of the positioning of sections only, so not all NEQAS slides will consist of 3 cores as shown).
- After placing your control tissue in the correct area, allow to drain thoroughly to ensure no droplets of water remain under the tissue sections. Then bake the slide at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour and follow with your usual staining procedure.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the slides are stained immediately after arrival in your laboratory or stored in a fridge until staining takes place.
- Separate in-house controls are ONLY required for the Cytology Module cytospin samples. You should now place your in-house cell block control at the bottom of the slide as for the other FFPE section modules, assuming that these are paraffin sections and not any other type of control; e.g. cytospin, smear, LBC etc.
- All slides except the Cytology cytospin slides will arrive unbaked to allow for you to cut and place your own sections on the same slide.
Module Specific Announcements
Gold & Secondary Antibodies Run 122:
- Gold Antibody Requested (A) = CK7
- 2nd Antigen (C) = p53
- Gold Antibody Requested (L) = Ki-67
- 2nd Antigen (N) = CD68
- Gold Antibody Requested (G) = Synaptophysin
- 2nd Antigen (J)= IDH-1
- Gold Antibody Requested (R) = CD45
- 2nd Antigen (T) = TTF-1
Breast Hormone Receptor:
- Antibody Requested (E) = ER
Breast HER2 ISH:
- The scheme requires that you take an image of your stained CISH and FISH slides for record. At the present time you are not requested to send your images to the scheme unless requested to.
- Provide a single example of an in-house control. Ideally cut and place your sample onto the same slide as the UK NEQAS distributed sample. However, a separate in-house slide will be accepted.
- It is also acceptable to provide your interpretive counts from both NEQAS slides. Please indicate when you enter your methodology data which cores were used to carry out the analysis so that the assessors know which sections to review when carrying out the technical part of the assessment.
- Ensure that you use an anti-fade mountant and seal around the coverslip to prevent loss of signals.
- Further details and instructions for the PD-L1 module will be sent out separately to participating laboratories.
Other Important Notices
- New Quality Manager: The scheme is happy to announce that Hattie Al-Kabi has joined the scheme, you can email Hattie at: email@example.com
- Participant Code: Ensure that your participant code is indicated on all slides, and when returning slides back to the scheme, make sure these are placed in the correct colour labelled transport containers.
- Request for extra slides: These will be available up to one week prior to the closing date (1st June 2018). You must state your reason for requesting extra sections.
- Antibody not stocked: You are required to contact the scheme for an alternative antibody if the requested marker is not part of your antibody repertoire. Only stain with the alternative marker that has been agreed by the scheme. A non-submission of slides without indicating or contacting UK NEQAS ICC & ISH for an alternative antibody will result in a fail score of zero (0) and will be included when running poor performance reports (UK laboratories only).
- Return of previous run slides: Do not send your previous run slides back to the UK NEQAS IHC & ISH office unless you are requiring a reassessment. You are required to retain your previous NEQAS slides by your accrediting body or for any reason should UK NEQAS require them.