Please find below important information regarding Run 124/53 and links to the report for the previous Run 123/52.
If you do not receive the slides by 16th November (within UK), or 23rd November (overseas), contact the office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact UK NEQAS ICC & ISH directly on Tel: +44 207 415 7065.
For further information regarding the scheme, including address label templates and module specific instruction datasheets please refer to the further instruction section of this letter or go to www.ukneqasiccish.org.
Run 123 IHC / Run 52 ISH
Reports are now available at www.ukneqasiccish.org webserver Participant Login
PD-L1 reports are available by logging in to Qualitopix Participant Login https://qualitopix.com/login
Run 124 IHC / Run 53 ISH
*** IMPORTANT DATES & NOTICES ***
|Slides Dispatch Dates||5th – 9th November 2018|
|Closing Date for return of slides||7th December 2018|
|Request for Extra Slides Deadline||30th November 2018|
|Antibody not stocked||
Please email : email@example.com
With your Participation Code
Do not use an alternative marker unless you have been given one by the scheme.
Secondary Antibodies Run 124
|General C||Lymphoma N||Neuropathology J||Cytology T||GIST Vb||MMR|
|Desmin||CD3||Prolactin||CK||DOG-1||MLH1 & PMS2|
Other Important Notices
- The Scheme is happy to introduce you to our new Quality Manger/Support Scientist, Chris-Jude Quaye. He can be contacted by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratories who have expressed an interest to participate in the pilot ALK/ROS-1 FISH module will also receive their slides. Additional instructions will also be sent with the slides.
- Please ensure that your Participant Code is indicated on all slides and the slide boxes. The slides should be returned in the correct colour coded slide transport boxes.
- Please remove your generated laboratory labels from all slides before returning to us.
- All slides except the Cytology cytospin slides will arrive unbaked. The FFPE NEQAS cell block samples are also unbaked to allow you to place your own sample to the bottom area of the slide.
- Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme.
- NEQAS sections are positioned as in the diagram below (Please note, not all NEQAS slides will consist of 3 cores as shown. Please refer to the individual module datasheets for instructions on the expected NEQAS material).
- NEQAS recommends the following steps to ensure optimal handling ahead of staining:
- After placing your control tissue in the correct area, allow to drain thoroughly to ensure no droplets of water remain under the tissue sections. Then bake the slide in a temperature-controlled oven at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour and follow with your usual staining procedure.
- To ensure the best results, please stain the sections immediately after arrival in your laboratory, or store in a fridge until staining takes place. Ideally, treat the NEQAS slides as though they are referral cases, and therefore, no changes to the methodology you would use in your routine clinical practice.
- Separate in-house controls are still required for the Cytology Module cytospin samples.
- Breast HER2 ISH: The scheme requires that you take an image of your stained CISH and FISH slides for record. Images of all cores should be taken, and ideally, using the separate fluorescence filters.
- You are at present not required to send your images to the scheme unless requested to following the technical part of the ISH assessment.
- Provide a single example of an in-house control. A separate in-house slide is accepted if it is necessary for you to adjust the pre-treatment/digestion to suit the tissue.
- It is also acceptable to provide your interpretive counts from both NEQAS slides. Please indicate when you enter your methodology data which cores were used to carry out the analysis, so that the assessment team knows which sections to review when carrying out the technical part of the assessment.
- Remember to use an anti-fade mountant and to seal around the coverslip. Please contact the scheme for further guidance.
- Breast Hormone Receptor: Antibody Requested = ER
- PD-L1 (NSCLC): Details and instructions for the PD-L1 (NSCLC) module will be sent out separately to participating laboratories.
- Return of previous run slides: Only send back previous run slides if you require a reassessment. However, please note, that you are required to retain your previous NEQAS slides by your accrediting body or for any reason should UK NEQAS require them.