Please find below important information regarding Run 125/54 and links to the report for the previous Run 124/53.
If you do not receive the slides by 15th February (within UK), or 22nd February (overseas), contact the office as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact UK NEQAS ICC & ISH directly on Tel: +44 207 415 7065.
For further information regarding the scheme, including address label templates and module specific instruction datasheets please refer to the further instruction section of this letter or go to www.ukneqasiccish.org.
Run 124 IHC / Run 53 ISH
Reports are now available at www.ukneqasiccish.org webserver Participant Login
PD-L1 reports are available by logging in to Qualitopix Participant Login https://qualitopix.com/login
Run 125 IHC / Run 54 ISH
*** IMPORTANT DATES & NOTICES ***
|Slides Dispatch Dates||4th – 8th February 2019|
|Closing Date for return of slides||8th March 2019|
|Request for Extra Slides Deadline||1st March 2019|
|Antibody not stocked||
Please email : email@example.com
With your Participation Code
Do not use an alternative marker unless you have been given one by the scheme.
Secondary Antibodies Run 125
|General C||Lymphoma N||Neuropathology J||Cytology T||GIST Vb||MMR|
|p16||CD8||S100||TTF-1||Desmin||MSH2 & MSH6|
- Please ensure that your Participant Code is indicated on all slides and the slide boxes. Slides should also be returned in the correct colour coded transport boxes. Also remember to remove your generated laboratory labels from all slides before returning to us.
- Participants carrying out the FISH staining are advised to return the stained sections in the ‘light tight’ slide mailers to ensure optimal signal quality.
- FISH participants are also advised to process slides as close to the deadline date in order to reduce the potential for signal fading.
- Laboratories participating in the PD-L1 and ALK/ROS -1 FISH pilot modules will receive additional instructions.
- All slides except the Cytology cytospin slides will arrive unbaked.
- Late receipts are logged and reviewed by the scheme.
- NEQAS sections are positioned as in the diagram below (Please note, not all NEQAS slides will consist of 3 cores as shown)
NEQAS recommends the following steps to ensure optimal handling ahead of staining
- After placing your control tissue in the correct area, allow to drain thoroughly to ensure no droplets of water remain under the tissue sections. Then bake the slide in a temperature-controlled oven at either 37°C overnight OR 55-60°C for 1 hour and follow with your usual staining procedure.
- To ensure the best results, please stain the sections immediately after arrival in your laboratory, or store in a fridge until staining takes place. Ideally, treat the NEQAS slides as though they are referral cases, and therefore, no changes to the methodology you would use in your routine clinical practice.
- Separate in-house controls are still required for the Cytology Module cytospin samples.
Breast HER2 ISH
- The scheme requires that you take an image of your stained CISH and FISH slides for record. Images of all cores should be taken, and ideally, using the separate fluorescence filters.
- You are at present not required to send your images to the scheme unless requested to following the technical part of the ISH assessment.
- Provide a single example of an in-house control. A separate in-house slide is accepted if it is necessary for you to adjust the pre-treatment/digestion to suit the tissue.
- It is also acceptable to provide your interpretive counts from both NEQAS slides. Please indicate when you enter your methodology data which cores were used to carry out the analysis, so that the assessment team knows which sections to review when carrying out the technical part of the assessment.
- Please remember to return the slides in the black slide mailer. Use an anti-fade mountant and seal around the coverslip. Please contact the scheme for further guidance.
Return of previous run slides: Only send back previous run slides if you require a reassessment. However, please note, that you are required to retain your previous NEQAS slides by your accrediting body or for any reason should UK NEQAS require them.