Neil is a BMS with many years’ experience in cellular pathology. He previously held the post of Quality Manager for UK NEQAS ICC & ISH from March 2009 – December 2013; during this time the scheme obtained CPA accreditation for the first time (2011). Neil also oversaw a subsequent CPA visit in 2013, where the scheme maintained its accreditation status. Neil then decided to take a break and leave UK NEQAS ICC & ISH.
On his return in April 2014 he assumed the role of Support Scientist.
He currently provides support to the scheme in several areas, including: assessments, (with particular responsibility for the cytology and neuropathology modules), production of the e-Journal, website maintenance and support, procurement, and scheme audits. Neil has also co-ordinated and organised four successful Participant Meetings, the latest was held in September 2016.
- Lead assessor for Cytopathology and Neuropathology
- Temporary Lead for Alimentary Tract module (GIST)
- Production of UK NEQAS ICC & ISH e-Journal
- Maintenance and upkeep of UK NEQAS ICC & ISH public website
- Requisitioning and purchasing
- Assisting with scheme documentation and audits
- Organise Participant meetings
- Validation of results, taking of slide images, creating reports for each EQA run.
Previous roles include: Head BMS in Histology at UCL Hospitals, during which time he was responsible for EQA, and a long-standing assessor for the CPT scheme.